The Bert Show’s “Match Your Pay”
Official Promotional Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of the participating radio stations (the “Stations”) identified below during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to one of the radio station addresses below:
• WWWQ-FM/Q100, 780 Johnson Ferry Rd., 5th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30342
• WZRR-FM/99.5 The Vibe, 244 Goodwin Crest Dr., Suite 300, Homewood, AL 35209
• KZII-FM/102.5 KISS-FM, 4413 82nd St., Ste. 3000, Lubbock, TX 79424
• WNFN-FM/i106, 10 Music Circle East, Nashville, TN 37203
• WRWM-FM/i94, 6810 North Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220
• WXMK-FM/Magic 105.9, 185 Benedict Rd., Brunswick, GA 31520
• WJFX-FM/Hot 107.9, 9604 Coldwater Rd., Suite 201, Ft. Wayne, IN 46825
• KXSS/KISS-FM 96.9, 6214 West 34th, Amarillo, TX 79109
The Stations will conduct the Bert Show’s “Match Your Pay” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are age 18 or older residing in the Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, Indianapolis, IN, Brunswick, GA, Monroe, LA, Ft. Wayne, IN, and Amarillo, TX metro areas (collectively, the “Contest Territory”) with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Cumulus Media Partners LLC, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Media Inc. Golden Isle Broadcasting, The Radio People, Radio Monroe, LLC, Oasis Radio Group, Townsquare Media Group, and their respective affiliates, other radio stations and media companies in or serving the Contest Territory, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. Any individual who has won a prize valued at $600 or more from the Stations within the last 12 months is ineligible to win.
4. The contest will begin on Monday, April 1st, 2013 and will run through Friday, May 31st, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The Station(s) reserves the right to extend the contest past the end date or terminate the contest at an earlier date. The Station(s) reserve the right not to run the contest on any given date.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND WIN: Fill out the official entry form at www.TheBertShow.com during the Contest Period. All entries must be received by midnight on May 30, 2013 to be eligible. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide their name, email address, date of birth, gender, mailing address, mobile phone number, home phone number, what time they typically listen to the Bert Show, the name of their employer, and the gross wages or salary that they earn in a typical two-week or semi-monthly pay period. Entrants must listen to the Bert Show weekdays during the Contest Period. Each day, an entrant will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries received to date. At approximately 8:10am EDT/7:10amCDT, the on-air personality will announce the name of the entrant randomly chosen. That entrant has 20 minutes to call the Bert Show at (855) BERTSHOW (237-8746). If the named entrant calls back within 20 minutes, as determined by the Station, they will be declared the daily winner. If the named entrant does not call back within the allotted 20-minute period, another entrant’s name will be randomly chosen and announced on the air. That entrant will be given 20 minutes to call the Bert Show at (855)BERTSHOW (237-8746). This process will continue until a named entrant calls back within the allotted time, or the Bert Show’s on-air program ends at 10am EDT that day, whichever happens first. In the unlikely event that no candidate is found to meet the eligibility requirements, then the Daily Prize for that day will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Stations’ sole discretion.
AVAILABLE ONLY TO LISTENERS IN THE ATLANTA, GA LISTENING AREA: Listen to Q100 from 10:00am until 6:00pm EDT weekdays during the Contest Period. During this time, the on-air personality will announce the name of the entrant randomly chosen. That entrant has 20 minutes to call Q100 at (404)741-Q100 (404-741-7100). If the named entrant calls back within 20 minutes, as determined by the Station, they will be declared the daily winner. If the named entrant does not call back within the allotted 20-minute period, another entrant’s name will be randomly chosen and announced on the air. That entrant will be given 20 minutes to call Q100 at (404)741-Q100 (404-741-7100). This process will continue until a named entrant calls back within the allotted time, or until 7:00pm EDT, . In the unlikely event that no candidate is found to meet the eligibility requirements, then the Daily Prize for that day will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Stations’ sole discretion.
TIME DELAY BETWEEN OVER-THE-AIR ANALOG SIGNAL AND OTHER SIGNAL DELIVERY: Due to the time delay that exists between the Stations’ analog over-the-air signals and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Stations online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Stations’ analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
6. DAILY PRIZE: One (1) Daily Prize will be awarded to one (1) daily winner during the Contest Period during the Bert Show and one (1) Daily Prize will be awarded to one (1) daily winner during the Contest Period from 10:00am until 6:00pm. The winner will be required to provide proof of wages/salary from their employer for the payment amount they requested on their original entry form. The Daily Prize consists of a check made payable to the winner equal to two (2) weeks’ NET pay after taxes and authorized payroll deductions. The daily amount awarded will be a minimum of $500 but will not exceed $2,500. If the Daily Winner is unemployed and/or cannot provide proof of payment from their employer, they will be awarded a check made payable to the winner for $500. The Station(s) will make the final decision on the amount awarded to the Daily Winner. Decisions of the Station(s) are final. One Daily Prize per person, per household. One Daily Prize per household for the duration of the contest.
7. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
8. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged or sold. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
9. The Stations, Cumulus Media Partners LLC, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Media Inc., Golden Isle Broadcasting, their subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein. All entrants and winners agree that the Stations, Cumulus Media Partners LLC, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Media Inc., Golden Isle Broadcasting, their subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
10. All prizes must be claimed in person at one of the participating Stations at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Stations to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Stations, Cumulus Media Partners LLC, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Media Inc., Golden Isle Broadcasting, The Radio People, Radio Monroe, LLC, Oasis Radio Group, Townsquare Media Group their subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
11. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Stations to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion. The Stations are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Stations’ websites.
12. Where allowed by law, all entrants and winners agree to give the Stations, its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Stations deem necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless the Stations and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Stations in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Stations own or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Stations.
13. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Stations will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Stations’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Stations, the Stations reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Stations deem appropriate. All decisions made by the Stations are final. The Stations may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. A winners list may be obtained after June 30th, 2013, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to one of the radio station addresses set forth above.